In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The equipment they invented removed the water as it was formed, resulting in a high molecular weight polyester.
- As for polyester well there's a non biodegradable petrochemical product I know little about.
- Epoxy resins are actually oligomers, which must be reacted with other polymers such as polyamines, polyamides and polyesters.
- Among the crystalline polymers are polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, thermoplastic polyesters, acetal, and polyphenylene sulfide.
- Examples of polymers produced in this way include polyesters, polyamides, polyurethanes, polyethers, and polysulfones.
- When spun into a fiber, polyesters are used to produce textiles, yarns, ropes and tire cord.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.