In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nucleic acids are also polymers, composed of repeating units called nucleotides.
- High molecular weight polymers can have viscosity values in the millions of centipoise range.
- The ability of living organisms to define the molecular composition of a polymer with complete accuracy is an enviable one.
- Gels in the laboratory such as silica gel and some polymers have been studied and exploited for years.
- This is usually dextrose, but amino acids and glucose polymers can also be used.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.