In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Colonoscopy revealed diverticulitis and several benign polyps, which were excised.
- Do polyps of other cnidarian species have a tissue dynamics similar to that of hydra?
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
- A few, such as Hydra, are solitary polyps that lack a medusoid stage.
- Finally solitary polyps or medusae may clone to produce more of their kind.
- Instead, many used a scenario approach to conclude that solitary sessile polyps represent the ancestral cnidarian form.
- What's more, most tumors start out as polyps, or benign growths, in the colon.
- Most hydrozoans alternate between a polyp and a medusa stage - they spend part of their lives as ‘jellyfish’ which are hard to distinguish from scyphozoan jellyfish.
- The laser can also provide relief for symptoms caused by benign airway tumors such as hamartomas, papillomas, polyps, and angiomas.
- Growths such as polyps or fibroids can often be removed and endometriosis can often be treated with medications or surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.