In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It has a 40-voice polyphonic sound system for ringtones, and operates on GSM and GPRS networks.
- The polyphonic sounds are for compatible Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola, NEC, Panasonic, Sharp and Siemens models and you need WAP to download them.
- It didn't just have polyphonic sound, it had a colour screen, WAP, and was Java-enabled for downloadable games.
- Attaining an ideal balance of voices in strictly polyphonic textures is one of the greatest challenges pianists face.
- The way forward is to view texts as speaking with polyphonic voices and performing multiple speech actions.
- This fissure is expressed by Glatshteyn's use of a polyphonic narrative style in which the autobiographical voice is muted while other voices predominate.
- Sound quality is also excellent, with a three-voice polyphonic speaker, so the supplied ringtones sound great.
- The phone has what's known as polyphonic sound, which means it has multiple ‘voices’ or tones.
- It may be stranger and more sublime to hear a polyphonic impression of George Michael's voice than to listen to the real thing one more time.
- From the reader's point of view, this translation looks like a polyphonic swirl of voices.
- The polyphonic string sound is something of a phenomenon but what is it all about?
- The Z600 supports 32-voice polyphonic ringtones and sounds.
- The device contains 8MB of RAM, a greyscale screen and a 16-channel polyphonic sound system.
- This is a very respectable, 64-voice polyphonic synth featuring four oscillators.
- Meanings collide, conflict, merge, and diverge in the continuous multi-logic or polyphonic universe of the novel.
- By taking up the idea of common sense as something that by definition cannot be fully grasped, Nesbit's book eludes interpretation as a polyphonic murmur of the multiple voices of history.
- The polyphonic voices of the poem remind us at every turn that all of these larger issues concern a pervasive discomfort with the body.
- And in a Bakhtinian mode, she uses, in her more recent writings, polyphonic voices intermingling as an interface that brings out various jostling ideologies from various levels of psyche and history.
- Meanwhile, on the consumer side, MIDP now supports advanced phone features such as 3D graphics, sprites and polyphonic sound, reinforcing the technology's credentials as an emerging gaming platform.
- Moreover, Bakhtin argues that in Dostoevsky's polyphonic novels the author is only an unprivileged voice taking part in his own internal dialogue, where his conflicting ideas are incarnated by various characters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.