- In doing this, lexicographers generally take the view that homonymy relates to different words whose forms have converged while polysemy relates to one word whose meanings have diverged or radiated.
- Valéry puts to work the regulated polysemy of the word ‘capital’.
- All the words for actual (kinds of) snow have been removed, and I'm ignoring the extensive polysemy of snow and many of its derivatives.
- Literariness was not merely the quality that distinguished poetics from pragmatics, it was the guarantee and promise of linguistic richness, of polysemy.
- For my part, therefore, I am inclined to see features of both monosemy and polysemy in a word's semantic structure.