In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is naturally found in sediments, and adhesion data for glass and polystyrene are available.
- In this process, water passes through a media bed, usually sulfonated polystyrene beads.
- Cycle helmets are made of polystyrene and offer minimal protection.
- Extruded polystyrene also has excellent resistance to moisture absorption.
- An assortment of half-empty aluminium trays and polystyrene cups were festering on top of the washing up along with empty lager cans.
- The resulting spark can ignite the Pentane vapour liberated from the expanded polystyrene block by the cutting operation.
- The PVA solution was deposited in polystyrene molds under the force of gravity in a darkened room.
- Rumours that proposed production lines feature polystyrene moulds have yet to be disproved…
- Bees were caught by placing transparent polystyrene cups over the nest entrance.
- The process uses a polymer formed through a chemical bonding of polystyrene and polymethyl methacrylate.
- In Asia, rice husks have been used as an organic replacement for polystyrene packaging and in fireproof building materials.
- The polymer polystyrene contains the phenyl group as part of its repeat unit.
- But polystyrene will soon have a new role in life - supporting thousands of motorists driving over soft ground.
- As we chat the vast hall fills with some 260 soldiers ready to breakfast on instant coffee from polystyrene cups.
- This is because polystyrene is a flammable material that gives off a toxic black smoke in the event of a fire.
- We found polystyrene to be the most suitable compound for this purpose.
- Does anyone, anywhere, know of a use for polystyrene cups with no bottoms?
- The polystyrene foam is often cut into shapes with chain saws and saber saws.
- Sitting on concrete piles and a sea of polystyrene that keeps it from sinking into the bog, the track is another triumph in a resurgent era for the Chinese people.
- All polystyrene and polyurethanes are combustible regardless of grade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.