In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.
- Autoxidation of the polyunsaturated fatty acids of flour lipids results in the formation of hydroperoxides, which are powerful oxidising agents.
- You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.
- For example, polyunsaturated fats do much more than lower blood cholesterol levels.
- We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.