In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine estanquefeminine laguna
- From digging rainwater pits to cleaning of ponds, the local bodies in Ernakulam district have taken up water conservation programmes in a big way.
- Artificial ponds for bass are very common in the midwest and southern states.
- Provisions for drainage, road pavement, ground water recharge, and artificial ponds are also being made.
- The Chichghat valley is a dense natural forest with ponds and waterholes, grasslands and meadows.
- Surface water bodies like ponds and tanks are the perennial breeding sources.
- Through the ages, Indian agriculture has been sustained by natural and man-made water bodies such as lakes, tanks, ponds and similar structures.
- They enter the ponds largely with water that is piped in from other ponds or local bodies of water and eat the food that the farmers put in the pond to fatten up the crop fish.
- Although the number of rural ponds is decreasing rapidly, garden ponds are gaining in popularity and are becoming increasingly important habitats for toads, says the trust.
- Runoff from irrigation and rain is recycled through a series of ponds and wetlands that naturally cleanse it for reuse in vineyards and landscaping.
- Pond owners are frequently interested in providing artificial aeration in their ponds.
- North African catfish live in a variety of freshwater environments, including quiet waters like lakes, ponds, and pools.
- A special feature of the park is that it has a couple of natural ponds, brimming with water.
- Water gardens are ponds having water falls, pond plants and pond life like exotic fishes.
- It also provides a connection with nature via gardens, water, ponds, plant materials, daylight, and fresh air.
- Lakes show a great range in size and depth, from small local ponds to bodies of water covering thousands of square kilometres.
- I've got a lovely garden, two ponds and a water-fall.
- One of the hall's most spectacular new features is the Father Tiber garden with its ponds, fountains and water cascade.
- Waters to head for include canals, rivers, gravel pits, lakes, ponds, meres and reservoirs.
- Projecting eaves and bamboo verandahs shaped views of gardens with ponds, streams and artificial hills.
- Most wash their clothes and their bodies in nearby ponds or at community water taps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.