- The Kingfisher landed safely in the rough water and taxied over to Kanze, who reached up to grasp a wing pontoon.
- Optional inflatable pontoons can be fitted for emergency deployment on water.
- While waiting for help to arrive, the crew haggled with missionary priests for wine, rice and yams, and struggled to keep curious natives off the pontoons used for water landings.
- Up to that point, the aircraft flew with pontoons for water landings, but those were replaced by wheels for the flight across the Asian subcontinent and thence to France and the United Kingdom.
- With drag from pontoons and floats removed, the OS2Us had greater speed and could carry heavier loads of bombs.
- Before Mrs Bs arrived, I was playing pontoon with Kerstie.
- These are useful in many ways, not least as a betting tokens for playing pontoon, we've found!
- In blackjack, or pontoon as it is known in Britain, the aim is to get a hand that totals 21, or as near 21 as possible without going over.
- If no one had a Pontoon, the dealer adds all the used cards to the bottom of the pack and without shuffling deals a new hand.
- If the banker does not have a pontoon then, beginning with the player to dealer's left and continuing clockwise, the players each have a turn to try to improve their hand if they wish by acquiring extra cards.