In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Based on this drawing, they're constructing the poop deck on the premises.
- Mr. Carney said that he had served on many vessels, and had visited many more, where the fuel oil shut-off valve actuators were located in public spaces such as passageways, the crew laundry, or the poop deck near the gangway.
- That night, we anchored in Geneviz Limani - the Bay of the Genoese - and dined on the poop deck as the moon rose and the sound of the lapping tide echoed against the towering cliffs.
- It was said by one visitor that her ‘staterooms on the poop deck were a miniature palace inside, a fantastic fortress on the outside.’
- After reaching the first super-structures, continue for about 15m on to the poop deck, where you'll see the two davits.
- The two strangers led Midori and Aoi out and up a flight of stairs, onto the poop deck of the ship.
- He spent the night tied to the poop deck - weeping softly.
- Huey let me shoot the first and only approach, which was uneventful until we were over the poop deck.
- When they got to the poop deck, Cal noticed Rose wrapped in a blanket, hunched over, crying.
- James Corby nodded in acknowledgment and joined Lieutenant Anthony Bridges on the poop deck at the back from where they cast a calm and alert eye across the proceedings on deck.
- Drake Roberts was up on the poop deck with his first mate, Tyler.
- Harlan stood on the Quarterdeck, shouting orders frantically as he watched the harbor walls glide past the side of the ship, he leapt up the stairs to the poop deck, and glanced back into the harbor behind them.
- The captain stomped around in a foul temper. ‘Ye missed a patch,’ he said to Furgey on the poop deck.
- Some of the Queenstown passengers had gathered on the third class poop deck and she surveyed the group.
- He turned on his heel and walked to the poop deck.
- Tommy was just out standing on the poop deck, getting some air.
- But then the roof of the top of the ship is a poop deck.
- She smiled and ran up to the poop deck to find the captain.
- Though she spent the majority of her time with the crew, she and her guardian could often be found on the poop deck, sitting on the side of the ship, she in her under dress and bare feet.
- The poop deck, forecastle and upper deck were beautifully kept, although the bilge had suffered from some leakage and had been poorly patched up.
2also poop decktoldilla femininecastillo de popa masculine
1(excrement)caca feminine informal
- In Buffalo, my bedroom window faces a neighbor's rickety tool shed, which is buried in a snowdrift and dotted with dog poop.
- Some go so far as to say that paleo poop represents one of the more intriguing - albeit uncharted - fields of dinosaur fossil research.
- Tired of the fetid piles of iguana poop the studios have been passing off as horror these days?
- This is my first time seeing the film, so maybe there were more poop gags than the director deemed necessary this first time around?
- He does us all a big favor by keeping the fart, sperm, and poop jokes to the bare minimum.
- You could have a whole movie of nothing but fart and poop jokes and it would make $100 million.
- Usually the gossip is about how that aspiring actor doesn't ever pick up his dog's poop, and have you seen the size of that dog's poop?
- But it still feels like my dad will walk out of the garage and yell at me to go pick up the dog poop in the backyard, after I get finished mowing the front.
- Although, I do feel that poop jokes don't go far if they are presented in a trite way, but here again it is in the a matter of the presentation of the joke.
- Then you have to act humble, mutter some incantation three times, then they throw dog poop on your shoes, and suddenly you are acting Prime Minister and Grand Poobah.
- Remove a bowel movement from your child's diaper, put it in the toilet, and tell your child that poop goes in the potty.
- The visitors are wondering if we have found some secret Hawking-like black hole disappearing mechanism for momentary litter and dog poop!
- Hyndburn Council's moves have been matched by other East Lancashire authorities, with each council embarking on a blitz of dog poop.
- Aside from a few dog poop and erection jokes, some of the dialogue is surprisingly smart.
- Is a man stepping in dog poop automatically funny?
- You wake up with a steaming pile of dog poop on your lawn.
- Not rats, not mice, not melting dog poop, but in-line skaters.
- One nice thing about receiving home delivery of the Boston Globe is that our carrier inserts it into a handy plastic bag which can be used to pick up dog poop.
- I was the one that they would, you know, one would lean over behind me and the other would give me a push and I would land in the dog manure, poop pile.
- Other ingredients that are suitable for compost include saw dust, straw, bird seed, sea weed, and manure, although dog and cat poop is not advised.
1ensuciarse euphemistichacerse caca informal
1(information)the poop — la información
- did he give you the poop on it? — ¿te dijo de qué va?
- before noun poop sheet — folleto
- It gives the inside poop on the social scene at colleges from coast to coast.
- The media should trust the judgment of its customers to give it the straight poop from the mouth of the sewer, so to speak.
- My own personal poop situation falls into the category of ‘too much information for my gentle blog-reading audience.’
- What a relief to discover that my industrious good friend David Brown is hot on the trail of the schnooks who made a pile trading Cinram stock off the inside poop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.