In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was said by one visitor that her ‘staterooms on the poop deck were a miniature palace inside, a fantastic fortress on the outside.’
- James Corby nodded in acknowledgment and joined Lieutenant Anthony Bridges on the poop deck at the back from where they cast a calm and alert eye across the proceedings on deck.
- He spent the night tied to the poop deck - weeping softly.
- The two strangers led Midori and Aoi out and up a flight of stairs, onto the poop deck of the ship.
- Though she spent the majority of her time with the crew, she and her guardian could often be found on the poop deck, sitting on the side of the ship, she in her under dress and bare feet.
- Drake Roberts was up on the poop deck with his first mate, Tyler.
- The poop deck, forecastle and upper deck were beautifully kept, although the bilge had suffered from some leakage and had been poorly patched up.
- Mr. Carney said that he had served on many vessels, and had visited many more, where the fuel oil shut-off valve actuators were located in public spaces such as passageways, the crew laundry, or the poop deck near the gangway.
- She smiled and ran up to the poop deck to find the captain.
- The captain stomped around in a foul temper. ‘Ye missed a patch,’ he said to Furgey on the poop deck.
- After reaching the first super-structures, continue for about 15m on to the poop deck, where you'll see the two davits.
- But then the roof of the top of the ship is a poop deck.
- Harlan stood on the Quarterdeck, shouting orders frantically as he watched the harbor walls glide past the side of the ship, he leapt up the stairs to the poop deck, and glanced back into the harbor behind them.
- Based on this drawing, they're constructing the poop deck on the premises.
- Some of the Queenstown passengers had gathered on the third class poop deck and she surveyed the group.
- Tommy was just out standing on the poop deck, getting some air.
- Huey let me shoot the first and only approach, which was uneventful until we were over the poop deck.
- He turned on his heel and walked to the poop deck.
- When they got to the poop deck, Cal noticed Rose wrapped in a blanket, hunched over, crying.
- That night, we anchored in Geneviz Limani - the Bay of the Genoese - and dined on the poop deck as the moon rose and the sound of the lapping tide echoed against the towering cliffs.
2also poop decktoldilla femininecastillo de popa masculine
1(excrement)caca feminine informal
- I was the one that they would, you know, one would lean over behind me and the other would give me a push and I would land in the dog manure, poop pile.
- Some go so far as to say that paleo poop represents one of the more intriguing - albeit uncharted - fields of dinosaur fossil research.
- In Buffalo, my bedroom window faces a neighbor's rickety tool shed, which is buried in a snowdrift and dotted with dog poop.
- Not rats, not mice, not melting dog poop, but in-line skaters.
- Usually the gossip is about how that aspiring actor doesn't ever pick up his dog's poop, and have you seen the size of that dog's poop?
- This is my first time seeing the film, so maybe there were more poop gags than the director deemed necessary this first time around?
- Is a man stepping in dog poop automatically funny?
- Remove a bowel movement from your child's diaper, put it in the toilet, and tell your child that poop goes in the potty.
- One nice thing about receiving home delivery of the Boston Globe is that our carrier inserts it into a handy plastic bag which can be used to pick up dog poop.
- Other ingredients that are suitable for compost include saw dust, straw, bird seed, sea weed, and manure, although dog and cat poop is not advised.
- Although, I do feel that poop jokes don't go far if they are presented in a trite way, but here again it is in the a matter of the presentation of the joke.
- The visitors are wondering if we have found some secret Hawking-like black hole disappearing mechanism for momentary litter and dog poop!
- Aside from a few dog poop and erection jokes, some of the dialogue is surprisingly smart.
- Tired of the fetid piles of iguana poop the studios have been passing off as horror these days?
- Then you have to act humble, mutter some incantation three times, then they throw dog poop on your shoes, and suddenly you are acting Prime Minister and Grand Poobah.
- You could have a whole movie of nothing but fart and poop jokes and it would make $100 million.
- Hyndburn Council's moves have been matched by other East Lancashire authorities, with each council embarking on a blitz of dog poop.
- He does us all a big favor by keeping the fart, sperm, and poop jokes to the bare minimum.
- You wake up with a steaming pile of dog poop on your lawn.
- But it still feels like my dad will walk out of the garage and yell at me to go pick up the dog poop in the backyard, after I get finished mowing the front.
1ensuciarse euphemistichacerse caca informal
- I'll add that if you're feeding a high-quality dog food, most of the food goes to making more puppy, not to poop, so it's often the case that dogs poop a whole lot less than you might expect.
- No… Don't let your child pee or poop every where and make your life miserable.
- And the golf cart almost goes careening off into a ravine, and I almost poop my pants.
- One friend talked about infrasound, a weapon developed in France that shoots very low frequencies creating nausea, disorientation, vomiting and even pooping your pants.
- The seeds from which trees and plants grow are often spread around by animals that eat and poop the seeds.
- I was pooping myself because I hadn't played for years, but once I got into it I was fine.
- Genetically modified dogs must be the way forward - to poop less, and more like rabbits in consistency.
- I think this was right after I told my friend that Leta poops lima beans whole.
- To conclude, Moore states that he calls it like he sees it and he can admit when he's wrong, ‘and when I'm wrong, like the thing about Bush pooping his pants, I'll say so.’
- By the time we leave the restaurant I have consumed so much garlic that I have basically ensured that my baby will be pooping garlic for the first 13 years of her life.
- Fruit-eating bats play an important role in forest ecology, taking in seeds and pooping them all over the forest after digesting the fruit.
- Me, I'm thinking about pooping my pants as a radical political act.
- Either that or they aren't held up by ‘the man’ and ‘society’ and the oppressive illogical moral arguments about not pooping your pants.
- According to Heather, and I have no reason to doubt her, her mom is going to ‘totally poop her pants.’
- A blessed bird-lover from elsewhere in Canada who adores feeding stray pets, pigeons, and pooping seagulls (also known in impolite circles as the ‘trash cans of the cosmos’).
- Infants with brains barely able to properly poop their pants won't care for a commentary or behind-the-scenes featurettes.
- This will require a bus, a couch on a trailer, 50 gallons of Tequila and Register readers lobbing Big Macs into the mouth of a giant, plastic vulture, which will then poop the burgers into our hands.
- I'm feeding about every 2.5 hours, and ever since I started drinking gallons of prune juice the baby is pooping every 2.5 minutes.
- I love it in all it's novelty plastic Santa, reindeers pooping chocolate covered raisins, cuddly robins singing ‘Jingle Bells’, hot toddy flavoured bubble bath glory.
- I cannot quite believe his age; how recently it seems that he alternated sleeping in the crook of my arm with pooping his weight indoors.
- This way if you are going to get hit, at least you won't have to see it coming and poop your pants.
1(information)the poop — los datos
- did he give you the poop on it? — ¿te puso al tanto?
- before noun poop sheet — folleto
- The media should trust the judgment of its customers to give it the straight poop from the mouth of the sewer, so to speak.
- My own personal poop situation falls into the category of ‘too much information for my gentle blog-reading audience.’
- What a relief to discover that my industrious good friend David Brown is hot on the trail of the schnooks who made a pile trading Cinram stock off the inside poop.
- It gives the inside poop on the social scene at colleges from coast to coast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.