1presumido masculinepresumida feminine
- Preening popinjays, in love with the sound of their voice and the rightness of their opinions, how I hate them all.
- These weedy fly-bitten popinjays, these pribbling clumsy clay-brained miscreants - how dare they think they can share the same job title as me?
- The Premiership has produced a marvellous cast of popinjays and prima-donnas.
- I am pretty sure I'm a drink-soaked popinjay myself, and formerly many things of a disreputable nature.
- It is an oft-told story, but can still stir anger and pity, with the family feuding of the aristocratic popinjays commanding the brigade even spilling over onto the battlefield.
- Gillray so lovingly renders the popinjay, and we laugh so deeply at his pretensions, that the savagery of the social criticism, though devastating, is somewhat mitigated.