In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1populista masculine(of the People's Party) miembro del Partido Populista de los EEUU
- Zizek maintains that today the new rightist populists are the only political force which attempts to address the people with anti-capitalist rhetoric to mobilize the working class.
- Moreover, he was something new in this state with an historic taste for populism - a centrist populist.
- The White Australia policy was particularly championed by the ALP, the emerging trade union aristocracy and a whole host of petty bourgeois populists.
- The backlash against the theory of evolution resonated not only with religious fundamentalists, but also with political and economic populists.
- In Manning's opinion, Harper is not a populist in the democratic reform tradition.
- Despite political protests from anti-American populists in Manila, the potent tool of U.S. airpower may well be applied.
- The fact is that our Parliament is peopled largely by populists whose interest lies, so they say, in representing their voters.
- The party defined the new Turkey as nationalist, republican, populist, secular, statist, and revolutionary.
- At first, this was interpreted as just one of many threats made by the right-wing populist to intimidate his internal party adversaries.
- The conversion of Bustamante from a conservative Democrat to a populist has been rather sudden.
- This view, albeit hostile, highlights the essence of the phenomenon that evolved through the parallel activities of anarchists, populists, and syndicalists, as well as nihilists in Lenin's youth.
- There was a time when the Democratic party was populist / progressive - William Jennings Bryan was our guy.
- The populists and anarchists simply have no theory of the unpredictable ups and downs of capitalist growth which bolster and erode bourgeois domination of society.
- In common with other right-wing European populists, Havel's campaign is nothing other than a cover for the dismantling of democratic rights and the establishment of an authoritarian regime faithful to the president.
- And the only parties fighting on specifically European issues are the the UK Independence party and other populists desperate to leave the union.
- I was interested in this notion of Grisham the Populist, based on reading the book reviews and seeing several Grisham flicks.
- I think that this party has a big future, because no other party, apart from the populist and far-right parties, can be present in the difficult areas and housing estates.
- Toledo's main rival in the elections was former president Alan García of the populist APRA party.
- Like other populists, Chavez disdains any party institutionalization that might constrain his personal autonomy.
- Its members ranged from patricians to populists, from Main Street Republicans to prairie socialists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.