In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poro masculinehe was perspiring from every pore — transpiraba por todos los poros
- Skin cleansing products help remove dirt and germs from the skin surface and pores.
- If the opening of the skin pore is sealed off from air, the result is a whitehead.
- Stomata are minute pores in the surface of leaves through which water vapor and gases, including carbon dioxide, pass.
- The sebum flows through a narrow follicular canal or duct and empties onto the surface of the skin through a pore or opening.
- It is also noteworthy that the cell surfaces are pocked with pores which pass to the interior.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.