In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(case)portafolio(s) masculinecartera feminine
- Mohammed grabbed the portfolio, taking out a few packets of paper.
- Aubrey placed the drawing back into his portfolio; taking care to put it in a special folder, separate from his normal drawings.
- Some will be held up, magnified and singled out for attention later while others will line binders, file drawers, photoboxes, portfolios and remain hidden away.
- Leave your briefcase at home and prove your fashion sense with one of these workbags, from messenger bags to portfolios.
- In 15th-century collections, mostly on paper in portfolios, religious and profane elements intermingle.
- They all carried various kinds of large portfolios and book bags.
- Our drawing is inside the portfolio he is holding in his arms.
- His fingers lost their iron grip, and the portfolio with the drawing paper fell to the ground, with my portrait landing at my feet.
- All work is done on drawing paper that fits neatly inside each student's portfolio.
- The bell rang for class change and I got up from the table, placing my work in my portfolio and carrying it with me out into the crowded hallway again.
- ‘Thanks,’ he said, taking the drawings and putting them into his portfolio.
- Jen laughed and pulled out a tape from the portfolio bag she was carrying.
- She puts several papers in a portfolio, throws her purse over her shoulder, and walks to the door.
- I took my favorite drawings out of the portfolio and hung them as well.
- He snatched up his jacket and the leather portfolio.
- From her portfolio she pulled an envelope and handed it to him.
- He also inadvertently took copies of actual classified documents in a leather portfolio, they said.
- Then she started picking up folders, portfolios, drawings, papers, everything important that she could find and locked it in her cabinet.
- She stuffed all the other papers back into the portfolio, and walked out of the office, only to forget to close the doors behind her.
- Are such competitions, and paper portfolios in general, worth the trouble?
1.2(samples of work)carpeta de trabajos feminine
- His business portfolio is well documented and the fact that he isn't tied to a 9 to 5 routine greatly enhances his ability to take on a job that will entail long trips from Kerry to Westmeath.
- In the midst of this fabulous display the patron and other gentlemen examine a portfolio while a young art student draws from the assembled works.
- A professional art consultant should have brochures, a portfolio of completed jobs and a client list.
- In general, portfolios contain two types of information: activities/achievement and evidence for reflection.
- He didn't keep me waiting and he sat with me for a long time, looking through my portfolio, reading my statement, asking me questions.
- He carries a large portfolio, apparently filled with images and evidence of his appointment, during this period, as an historian of art.
- I've walked into a variety of galleries with my portfolio and asked them to give me two minutes of time.
- We talked about her work, about sculpture, and leafed through her portfolio.
- Since earning her graduate degree from Yale only two years ago, Katy Grannan has compiled an impressive portfolio of portraits.
- The best piece in her portfolio was a packaging program for an imaginary cd release: packaging, advertising, posters.
- Part of their course work involves creating actual marketing pieces for their portfolios.
- When we first asked him what he was capable of for political satire, he sent us the piece below as his portfolio.
- Sculptor Charles Long showed a wonderful portfolio of Iris prints that seemed to replicate a notebook.
- Next, she had to supply a CV and a portfolio of work containing before-and-after pictures of various nail techniques.
- They had heard stories of how the feisty old lady used to attack photographers, clobbering them with her heavy portfolio of art or chasing them for half a block down the street.
- For individuals interested in the creative side of advertising, having a portfolio of work that reflects your creative thinking ability is a must.
- Derek received his certificate after submitting a portfolio of images demonstrating his unique style of portrait and wedding photography.
- He receives 5,000 portfolios from artists each year, and, after reviewing them, he may end up visiting only 50.
- He decided to publish a book of his various works after assembling a portfolio that spans several decades and several coasts.
- Gary Engle, a self-taught artist, explains that the heart of his portfolio consists of images of nature that lean toward abstract expressionism.
2Politicscartera feminineMinister without Portfolio — ministro sin cartera masculine
- If one listens carefully to the exact wording of that Minister's last two answers, one can only conclude that he is reading directly from the Minister of Police's portfolios.
- The prime minister holds 19 portfolios, including royal palace affairs, defense, and foreign affairs.
- The portfolio needs a Minister who will listen, who will talk straight, and who will not try to pull the wool over anybody's eyes.
- At the time he was State Department Deputy Secretary with the portfolio in WMD and Nuclear Proliferation.
- Some of those payments were considered to be illegal, and after all that, having said he had done nothing wrong, 6 days later he resigned from the portfolio of Minister of Tourism.
- The rest got a few token Secretary of State portfolios.
- Some Cabinet ministers whose portfolios are related to the forum's subject did not attend the meeting.
- He would like an economic portfolio or even the position of minister for education.
- He began as treasurer in 1960 while still playing and later added the job of secretary to his portfolio.
- This Minister might have his portfolio back, but he is certainly on a very short leash.
- It is the one portfolio that means a Minister is out of the country all the time.
- The matter is appropriately being handled by a portfolio Minister - the Minister for the Environment.
- Despite one minister relinquishing his ministerial portfolio, the country is still not confident that there is integrity in public life.
- All the evidence, though, shows that he is the most divisive and untrustworthy minister the portfolio has had for as long as most of us can remember.
- From the late 1750s dukes and peers were found holding ministerial portfolios alongside the professionals of the robe.
- The consensus was reflected in a report of a cabinet committee, comprising six ministers with major portfolios, set up in 1958 to review Land Commission policy.
- So, I guess it's true to say that if the lines of communication are open, then that's a positive outcome from the change of ministerial portfolios.
- Timbul was given a position without a portfolio as an expert staff assigned to the minister.
- However, he has been retained as a Cabinet minister without a portfolio.
- I know I would want it spent on special education more than anything else, if I were thinking in my own portfolio as Associate Minister of Education.
3Financecartera de acciones femininebefore noun portfolio investments — inversiones de cartera feminine
- If, on the other hand, the taxpayer has experienced a net realized gain, they should review their portfolio for any investments with unrealized losses.
- In fact we should review our investment portfolios regularly, and be prepared to weed out any share that could look outlandishly expensive.
- Dividend reinvestment plans, or DRIPs, allow investors to build investment portfolios by reinvesting dividends into more shares.
- I used to have a fair portion of my investment portfolio allocated to bonds.
- The technique remains a primary tool for making investment decisions and managing portfolios.
- Holding foreign investments inside your portfolio is great, but there may be some tax consequences lurking in the background that you are unaware of.
- Even so, direct investment into a portfolio of shares, bonds and cash spread in the manner described above would be administratively burdensome.
- The rule sounded like a great idea a few years ago, when investment portfolios delivered double-digit annual returns.
- While anyone can make money when markets rise, it takes considerable skill to minimise the damage to investment portfolios when markets fall.
- Whether gold deserves to be included in an investment portfolio is an interesting question.
- Like most stock investments, the age-based portfolios have been hammered this year, but some fared better than others.
- Sometimes investors may even add rare coins, art, real estate and other off-the-beaten-track investments to their portfolios.
- To be sure, much global finance reflects growing investment portfolios, some doubtless with a speculative component.
- These college savings plans allow you to invest in a portfolio of mutual funds on behalf of a child, grandchild or other beneficiary.
- Residents are also less able to diversify their investment portfolios internationally or to make use of exchange rate futures and swap markets.
- We'll let you decide whether this type of investment suits your portfolio needs.
- Diversification eliminates much unnecessary risk within an investment portfolio or strategy.
- Having gold inside their investment portfolios has given these investors a feeling of security and comfort, and who would argue with that?
- Therefore, we should be reviewing our investment portfolio regularly regardless of the time of year.
- If you are in the process of buying the roof over your head, then it forms part of your investment portfolio.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.