In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Those morbid posers with their talk of death and blood do not understand the night-time, they just treat it as if it were the same world as the daylight hours.
- While they still display the moves and the wardrobe of rock ‘n’ roll cliché, the band play with such passion and energy and with an obvious intent to expand their sound it would be sinful to dismiss them as posers.
- My vitriolic attack on posers shall now be reserved for a subset of the brown crowd ‘cuz I like making fun of my people.
- Since its discovery, photography has been a haven for everyone and everything: skilled or not, the inspired and the exploitative, the purists and the posers.
- Many others in that group were posers and liars.
- The band make no bones about acknowledging the soul, funk, and jazz roots of hip-hop without being pretentious posers.
- Having spent years dismissing them as a naff bunch of clueless posers with dodgy values and a few half-decent tunes, I found myself swiftly re-categorising the band as one of our national treasures: a classic pop band of the old school.
- ‘Let's just say there are a few posers that use the gym,’ he begins, laughing heartily.
- I guess it's a bit of a banal topic in the gaming world, but rather than being a stock rant put on by posers, I think there's actually something to be said about the old-fashioned stuff.
- We were just about to leave when I spotted him, and went to congratulate him on his playing that night - they were reasonably mediocre, but compared to the other posers in the room he seemed as good a person as any to speak to.
- Vote out the existing councillors at the next election and get some real councillors in, people who will actually benefit the city, not posers like we have now.
- I kind of doubt he'd be labeled a poser - he's got the attitude right down.
- No poser attitude with Diane, she just got on with the job and proved her worth to Papunya Community, not to mention the kids, many times over.
- Posers was the word, but I kind of felt that those who called other people posers were almost as destructive to the spirit of the thing as the fashion-victims themselves.
- Yeah your rents will rise, yeah posers will start moving in, but oh well.
- The reality is that far from undermining Bertie they undermine themselves and show themselves to be nothing but posers and hypocrites with few of the principles they demand of Bertie and no scruples.
- ‘Canned hunts’ are for phonies and posers and dandy boys.
- We're not sure why we should get along so awfully - we're sure all these whiter-than-white post-punk posers are really wonderful once you get to know them.
- Some people see cyclists as posers with their skin-tight brightly coloured Lycra jerseys, padded shorts and shaved legs.
- Some people love them, others think they are overpriced and worn by fashion victims and posers.
1(question) pregunta difícil feminine(problem) dilema masculine
- His imagery has also been published extensively as fine art note cards, jigsaw puzzles, posers and book covers.
- The specialist hearing therapist suggests a five-way test to ascertain the effects on hearing and even a single yes to any of these posers means hearing impairment of some sort.
- She throws the question back with the poser, ‘why not?’
- I have been cursed for years by a poser that appeared on A Question of Sport years and years ago, and I never found out the answer.
- From August 23, the auditorium will come alive to the beats of rapid fire quizzing posers and dumb charades, essay writing and poetry, calligraphy and sketching, posters and pot painting.
- Although there will be an opportunity to answer questions on the day, supporters are asked to submit their questions in advance with Brass answering the posers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The course tutor and then assistant coach, Jim Harrick Jr, invited answers from students to a series of mind-blowing posers, including these.
- Something to do with the West Lothian Question, a constitutional poser that once aroused great passion but is now lost in the mists of time.
- Don't bother answering it, it's one of those rhetorical posers.
- To answer the 300-odd posers on the questionnaire without then being persuaded to sign up for the religion was an essential rite-of-passage for any spotty adolescent struggling to find their own voice.
- Some, showing great depth and excellence in their respective area of law, argued with vivacity, countering the judges' posers in the most graceful manner.
- The quizmasters had a barrage of interesting posers to throw to the contestants and the audience.
- So anxiety over suspensions will not rear its ugly head for Heworth until next week, but they still have a few selection posers to contend with as they prepare for the visit of fellow strugglers Waterhead.
- With that in mind, I have decided not to try to beat them, but to join them, and have fired off a number of suggested quiz posers to be bought and used on a programme I am not allowed to publicise here.
- That story choice is a poser indeed, and it's puzzling why Van Sant may have found it attractive.
- The questions which you ask or are asked may well be ones you can prepare for or ones which directly address the thinking you have done on the issue, but there are always those particular posers which leave you answerless.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.