In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1posiblethe text must be checked for any possible mistakes — hay que revisar el texto por si hubiera algún error
- in the best possible taste — con el mejor de los gustos
- is Tuesday possible for you? — ¿le viene bien / le es posible el martes?
- the show was made possible by their dedication — el espectáculo fue posible gracias a su dedicación
- good morning, is it possible to speak to Heather Smith? — buenos días ¿podría hablar con Heather Smith?
- is it possible she's already left? — ¿se habrá ido ya?
- it's just possible that he may have survived — existe una remota posibilidad de que haya sobrevivido
- get here by eight if possible — llega antes de las ocho, si es posible / si puedes
- as far as possible try to work on your own — en lo posible intenta trabajar sola
- they see each other as little as possible — se ven lo menos posible
- as soon as possible — lo antes posible
- we'll leave as early as possible — saldremos lo más pronto posible
- we'll help them in every way possible — los ayudaremos en todo lo (que sea) posible
- in the nicest way possible — de la mejor manera posible
- They appealed to the lawmakers to pass the bill as soon as possible for the sake of patients' human rights.
- If possible buy from a specialist shop and discuss safety features.
- In this great nation it is always possible for a child to go as far as their talent and vision can take them.
- Alternative strategies are possible for every business and help is available from many different sources.
- Of course, it's always possible for other people to even the balance.
- I would wish, if possible, to be able to get to Canberra by lunch time on Monday.
- Access as soon as possible for NGOs and aid is particularly important.
- Because it is not practically possible for the party to induct two ministers from a single family.
- Many people made it possible for us to achieve a great deal of work in a short period of time.
- So as to protect sources, it is not possible for me to be specific as to what material has been sourced in Australia.
- But within that it is possible for certain responsibilities to be delegated.
- She could come home to herself in a way that had not been possible for her in yoga practice.
- Then how is it possible for any manager to extend a loan to someone with no property of their own?
- We must concentrate on our horse units, and have them all up to speed within a week if possible.
- Is it not possible for us to achieve the same mission by establishing consulates in some of the places?
- ‘It is possible for a guy not to be fit on Wednesday but be fit for the weekend,’ he said.
- The practice direction requires all applications to be made as soon as possible and before allocation if possible.
- However, it was not possible for the smaller countries of the region to achieve self sufficiency.
- But we have to take this up as soon as possible for reasons I will explain when I hear from you.
- Moreover, it is possible for people not only to be disappointed in this area, but seriously harmed.
1(person)posible candidato masculineposible candidata feminine
- Their striker, who had a knee operation during the summer, missed the probables versus possibles contest at Maine Road last weekend.
- Breathing down the necks of the two frontrunners are a pack of possibles.
- The draw isn't being made until next Sunday anyway, so it is pointless talking about the possibles until we see who we get.
- ‘All the sprint races at York, Haydock and the Breeders Cup are possibles,’ he said.
- Other Malibu possibles include Unbridled Time.
- I guess that eliminates some of the possibles from the list of unnamed ‘foreign leader’ voices that he's been hearing.
- The other players who were not in the initial tour squad because of injury problems are still possibles for the trip to Australia.
- A veteran himself at 35 he could prove to be a valuable addition to the club and a possible for the first team squad.
- The general manager said their coach intended calling up all the possibles for the critical Ghana game - including the walking wounded, whose fitness will be assessed on the spot.
- Most of the other players on show would be unwilling to move to Stockport, especially given their wage demands, but a couple of young Leicester players are perhaps possibles.
2(what can be done)the possible — lo posible
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.