1(conceivably)that can't possibly be true — eso no puede ser verdad
- if we possibly can — si podemos / si nos es posible
- I won't go if I can possibly help it — no iré si hay manera de evitarlo
- how could they possibly have known? — ¿cómo pudieron haberse enterado?
- they ran as fast as they possibly could — corrieron lo más rápido que pudieron
- I couldn't possibly eat any more — me es totalmente imposible comer nada más
- I couldn't possibly allow you to pay — de ninguna manera voy a permitir que usted pague
- could you possibly give me a hand with this? — ¿sería tan amable de ayudarme con esto?
2(perhaps)will it cost more than five dollars? — possibly — ¿va a costar más de cinco dólares? — puede ser / posiblemente
- If the paper had not been prepared for such a situation, it would possibly not have survived.
- Maybe the cold coffee had heightened my senses, or possibly because it was a nice day more people were requesting drinks involving the blender.
- If it is, that would indicate that possibly the boy drowned in this pool.
- He is now looking to diversify into tourism and possibly farming to survive until the ban is lifted.
- In addition to posing a strain on relationships, it can also indicate a possibly dangerous and life-threatening disease.
- A broken leg and nowhere to go, she could not possibly survive alone.
- Which possibly indicates that he thinks several of the top restaurant owners in Australia have criminal records.
- He was clearly frightened, perhaps delirious and possibly even unaware of what was happening to him.
- Again the study of estrogen alone possibly preventing strokes continues.
- These messages possibly indicated the presence of severe mental health issues.
- The similarity between the transition states is large, indicating that possibly only a part of path space is sampled.
- Miss Lewis says doctors have told her that her father now has a 50 per cent chance, possibly less, of surviving the horrific injuries.
- Perhaps it's anxiety, perhaps asthma, perhaps heart and possibly thyroid.
- It is part of a vernacular literature that goes back unbroken to the fifth or sixth century, possibly earlier, and survives to this day.
- Only the bass line and six bars of melody had survived, possibly from the slow movement of a Trio Sonata.
- Nero, indeed, at one stage in his reign - possibly earlier, perhaps now - had been inclined to abandon Britain altogether.
- The fact that he had none possibly indicated that he trusted his visitors.
- I think the team they selected possibly indicated their own interest in the competition.
- Common sense would indicate that the substance possibly was baby powder from a diaper change.