In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zarigüeya feminineoposum femininecomadreja feminine Southern Conezorro masculine Mexico Central America
- The last honey possum collected in the Perth metro area was in Shenton Park in 1941.
- Only through world wide marketing of possum fur products can this pest be safely controlled.
- I followed his gaze and there on the eave of the neighbor's house sat a fat possum.
- Maybe you would see koalas, wombats, echidnas, brush tail and ring tail possums and emus if you're lucky.
- Possum populations have been drastically reduced, resulting in significant improvements in forest health.
- A large fat possum was caught in bright blue light, hissed and ran up the nearest tree.
- Like these bats, honey possums feed by probing flowers with their tongues.
- It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.
- Many of these products come with a label that reads, " Thank you for buying possum fur.
- The Plaintiff acquires brush tail possums - which are harvested in this State.
- No, the aim is not to decimate the possum population.
- It is what we, as carers of koalas, birds, possums, macropods (wallabies, kangaroos etc.) and other wildlife carers are trained to do.
- We've got tiny little radios that we can put on the honey possums now.
- The main predators which are depleting the bird population in native forest are possums, stoats, rats and mice.
- Leonie Lamont found a dead possum in the car park which had fallen out of its tree overnight.
- The Plaintiff has a licence to take and hold brush tail possums from the Department of Parks Wildlife and Heritage in Tasmania.
- In Tasmania we have such a huge amount of wildlife: brush tail possums, all sorts of animals that at a glimpse, at a distance in poor light or whatever, can appear to be a fox.
- There are a variety of possums, early kangaroos, koalas, wombats and quolls, as well as marsupial groups that are now completely extinct.
- The model in the center wears a possum fur coat to complete the look.
- The challenge, therefore, was to vaccinate the nocturnal, tree-dwelling possums.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.