In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nota autoadhesiva femininenota de quita y pon femininenota post-it feminine trademarkpost-it masculine trademark
- The film feels less like a chronicle than like a loose shuffle of moments and ideas, like the cryptic Post-it messages that paper the walls of the hero's apartment.
- Our VCR was set up with the show tape in it, and a little Post-it note saying, ‘Happy Birthday, push Start.’
- I had of course picked up the wrong Post-it and rung the wrong number.
- Judy tags recipes she likes with tiny Post-its that say, ‘Make it for me.’
- When she goes inside to try and work the stove, she sees that Katrine has left little Post-its all over the house.
- With the camera, you can leave video messages for other family members on the door instead of Post-its, or engage in a Webcam chat session.
- ‘I have reminders on my phone and I have a little Post-it note on the door when I head out in the morning,’ she said.
- Regular old Post-its and Bic pens were standouts.
- It is managed chaos: a dozen or so very smart people examining data, throwing out ideas, writing potential solutions on big Post-its that are ripped off and attached to the wall.
- I stuck Post-it notes on his bathroom mirror saying, ‘You have 100 days to get in shape!’
- He does not make to-do lists or scrawl reminders to himself on Post-its.
- It transpired blood test results attached on a Post-it to a referral letter had not been seen.
- ‘I was walking around with Post-its and little pieces of paper in my purse, so I put them in a book’ she says.
- Up went Post-its on my bathroom mirror, front door, my car's dashboard: ‘Slow down.’
- Tear out a favorite comic strip from the paper or stick a Post-it note with a funny saying to your computer or refrigerator.
- There might be a Post-it attached with a handwritten note of advice from a predecessor.
- Inside was a deck of cards with a sticky, yellow, Post-it note stuck to it.
- It's a rebellion against the pistons of commerce, Post-its, the ringing of phones, the running for taxis, the appointments, the Botox injections and the insatiable maw of progress.
- Although in some ways it's as crude as a Post-it note, instant messaging is potentially one of the most beneficial - or disruptive - workplace applications since e-mail.
- Plaster your desktop, toolbars, and documents with virtual Post-its.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.