In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1después de impuestos
- He said the report found that Irish motor insurers made 11 times more post-tax profit than their British equivalents in the past 16 years.
- President Reagan's Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 had the intention and the effect of increasing post-tax income inequality.
- He helps you decide what sorts of investments, in what kinds of accounts, will maximize your post-tax income.
- However, if the corporation pays taxes on its income and then distributes the post-tax profits to its shareholders in the form of dividends, then the shareholders pay taxes as well.
- The target return-on-equity figure will be calculated by dividing post-tax profit in a given year by average shareholders' funds in the year.
- Nevertheless, as a nation, we now owe 150% of our annual post-tax income, compared to about 140% for US consumers.
- If the £48,000 from his redundancy reduces that sum, it still means that over a three-year period he was able to accumulate from post-tax income somewhere in the region of £90,000 odd.
- If it is able to generate operating margins of just 3%, a figure below that of its competitors, the group would generate £100m in post-tax profits.
- Strip this out from its current market value of £185m, and investors are being asked to pay about 12-13 times expected post-tax profits.
- According to the Bank of England, borrowed money secured on housing - but not spent on housing - ran at 7.7% of national post-tax income during the late Eighties boom.
- This comes to over 8 ½% of our post-tax income, which is some spending spree!
- He said the profit per customer ratio was based on post-tax profits.
- Some analysts seem to think an operating margin of 30% is achievable, implying a business generating some £800m in post-tax profits.
- In the last financial year it made a few hundred crores in post-tax profit which it has the freedom to invest.
- More than £7bn was released in the fourth quarter of last year, equivalent to a massive 4% of post-tax income.
- Free income is defined as post-tax income less committed household expenditure on things like food and utilities - i.e., essential spending.
- What makes it worse is that it is a tax on an asset which has already been bought with post-tax income.
- The post-tax profit for the period has surged by more than 160 per cent to 120 million leva.
- They show the average post-tax income is £12,700 a year.
- In other words, one can really add 47 per cent in a sense, from post-tax income.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.