In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1franqueo masculinepostage and handling — gastos de envío masculine
- postage and packing — gastos de envío
- postage and packing free — franco de porte
- excess postage / (British also) postage due — franqueo insuficiente
- If you bought over the phone, internet or by mail order, this refund must include the cost of postage.
- While overseas, soldiers usually get free postage for letters back to the states.
- Return address labels, pre-paid postage and integrated tracking are becoming more commonly provided by shippers.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions - is postage included and do you need extra insurance?
- CDs cost £7.00 each and the price includes postage and packaging.
- If ordering by mail, add €5.50 postage for the first book.
- It can also be obtained from the same address for £6.98, including postage and packing.
- I know the price includes postage, but normal airmail to and from the US usually takes anywhere between one and three weeks.
- A very grateful John handed over his address and £5 to cover the postage.
- Unsolicited manuscripts or photographs should be accompanied by return postage.
- He got his postage refunded only after sending numerous letters and e-mails.
- Each stamp costs about double the price of generic first-class postage.
- The price (credit cards not accepted) includes postage and packing.
- It cost me $10 for the chocolate, packing and first-class postage.
- Add £1 for postage for each book ordered.
- Return postage was prepaid and responses were anonymous.
- Have you included adequate return postage & packaging if you wish your entries to be returned?
- Internet providers customarily charge a flat rate for a server that can be used to send email, and there's no postage required on email.
- Add $6.50 postage for one book, $1 extra for both books.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.