In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1franqueo masculinepostage and handling — gastos de envío masculine
- postage and packing — gastos de envío
- postage and packing free — franco de porte
- excess postage / (British also) postage due — franqueo insuficiente
- The price (credit cards not accepted) includes postage and packing.
- Unsolicited manuscripts or photographs should be accompanied by return postage.
- Add $6.50 postage for one book, $1 extra for both books.
- Return postage was prepaid and responses were anonymous.
- Return address labels, pre-paid postage and integrated tracking are becoming more commonly provided by shippers.
- It cost me $10 for the chocolate, packing and first-class postage.
- I know the price includes postage, but normal airmail to and from the US usually takes anywhere between one and three weeks.
- A very grateful John handed over his address and £5 to cover the postage.
- Internet providers customarily charge a flat rate for a server that can be used to send email, and there's no postage required on email.
- If you bought over the phone, internet or by mail order, this refund must include the cost of postage.
- He got his postage refunded only after sending numerous letters and e-mails.
- Each stamp costs about double the price of generic first-class postage.
- It can also be obtained from the same address for £6.98, including postage and packing.
- Have you included adequate return postage & packaging if you wish your entries to be returned?
- Add £1 for postage for each book ordered.
- CDs cost £7.00 each and the price includes postage and packaging.
- While overseas, soldiers usually get free postage for letters back to the states.
- If ordering by mail, add €5.50 postage for the first book.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions - is postage included and do you need extra insurance?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.