In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1giro postal masculine
- Cheques and postal orders should be sent to an address in west London.
- They stole cash, pension books, tax discs, mobile phone top-up cards and postal orders.
- He may return their money which was paid by cheque and postal orders.
- You could also explain to older children that there are many ways to pay for things without using cash, such as credit cards, cheques and postal orders.
- Cash, cheques and postal orders, and debit card payments will be accepted.
- Some people use the post office to manage bank accounts, pay bills, get postal orders, and, of course, let's not forget wanting to post a letter or buy a stamp.
- They could be relied upon to ensure birthday cards, postal orders and Highers results got through.
- Today I had to go to the Post Office and buy some postal orders to pay for a visa application (they wouldn't accept an ordinary cheque).
- Other business included payment of pensions, issuing postal orders and, of course, selling stamps.
- I will accept cash, cheques drawn against a UK bank, postal orders and payments through PayPal.
- The postal order was bought from a post office in the Tang Hall area of York but there were no details to accompany it.
- One of the ways people could contribute to the cause was to send us cheques and postal orders for any sum from £1.
- On that occasion the robbers escaped with only £108 in cash, but the box also contained £10,000 of cheques and postal orders.
- She said: ‘I use this post office every day for postal orders, paying bills or to collect childcare allowance.’
- Next morning I take the blue Victoria Line to the other end, to Tottenham to send Sonny some postal orders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.