In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tarjeta postal femininepostal feminine
- Not more than an hour ago I went down to the Post Office and sent out postcards to all those that have asked for one.
- That will worsen a trend which has seen the number of postcards posted in Britain drop by one million a year for the last five years.
- Postcards can depict places where your family once lived and the messages written on postcards can add to your knowledge.
- They rallied behind the cause of sending e-cards and called for people not to use postcards.
- They kept in touch most weeks with text messages, phone calls and postcards of places she thought her father might want to paint.
- This is bound to catch on, whether for sending back holiday postcards or sharing new pictures of a baby.
- It contained postcards with pictures of soldiers in gas-masks waving flags and at mass rallies.
- Handmade greetings cards and postcards, made by a Whixley resident, will also be on sale.
- This is where you begin asking all the Thai people you know if they have any old photographs or postcards.
- As Jane said this week, a blog is ‘a cross between a postcard and a message in a bottle’.
- The opposite pages housed postcards and pictures, decorated with her cute and colourful doodles.
- Then we stop at Santa's post office where we get special stamps for our postcards.
- The writer has now devised a set of postcards picturing the landmarks, which will be distributed with his books.
- Ian pointed to this great project that invites people to post little secrets via postcards.
- Some of the messages written on the back of the tulip postcards are so sweet and encouraging.
- Please send all stamps, postcards and picture phone cards to the address below.
- She sends messages from my parents, who are waiting for postcards and letters they can hold in their hands.
- It was a photograph that was on the back of a postcard, and on the postcard there was a note to my father.
- Sending normal e-mail is like sending a postcard through the mail - anyone can read it.
- His pictures have featured on a set of postcards and greetings cards sold in aid of the Asperger Society.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.