In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jefe de la oficina de correos masculinejefe de la sucursal de correos masculine
- The report suggests a buy-out scheme for postmasters and postmistresses who would then have the option of becoming agents.
- A lot of postmasters and postmistresses are living in fear due to the recent spate of robberies.
- Will postmasters and postmistresses who see their profitability falling risk borrowing more money - if they even can - to expand the goods and services available in their post offices?
- More importantly, most of the postmasters running Britain's post offices are entrepreneurs - not bureaucrats.
- He and other postmasters today criticised the Post Office, saying they did not feel the organisation was protecting them properly.
- The postmaster of a Bradford post office earmarked for closure blames a loss of trade on child benefits being paid into banks.
- The postmen back the postmasters 110%, he said.
- The postmaster at Thackley Post Office said they were treating the closure as a business decision but would not make any further
- Her father was the postmaster at Newbridge Post Office, following a career in the British army.
- The Church hopes that providing rent-free or subsidised facilities will cut the overheads of running a rural post office and persuade the Post Office to replace postmasters.
- She is the postmaster of the sub-post office where the postal orders were cashed.
- Until the Post Office realise that they are underpaying their postmasters, they are going to lose them.
- The recommendation to close the post offices was made after postmasters were offered early retirement packages.
- In response to the spate of armed robberies, the Post Office told postmasters and postmistresses warning them to be extra vigilant.
- For years now, postmasters and postmistresses have been sorting post, something that we were never meant to be doing.
- The postmaster fears rural post offices like Sherston and Hullavington will close without the income received through benefit transactions.
- Rural postmasters and postmistresses are to be given a share of £66m to encourage them not to close thousands of offices that are vital to elderly and isolated people.
- The dispute has escalated over the past two weeks since the rural postmasters have stopped postmen and women using their premises to sort post on Mondays and Fridays.
- It should be noted that postmasters are not employed by the post office they are paid for each transaction they perform.
- The postmaster said the mail-carrier would come by in an hour to take the mail on to Summit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.