In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1director general de correos masculinedirectora general de correos feminine
- I mean, the postmaster general is committed that the well-being of our employees is top priority right now.
- It's the office that succeeds the old postmaster general, which was a patronage operation.
- Legend has it that Benjamin Franklin added the mile markers during his tenure as postmaster general, using a mechanical odometer attached to his wagon.
- Meanwhile, Roosevelt's postmaster general, James Farley, announced that a letter sent to EPIC headquarters announcing support for Sinclair was not authorized.
- Would someone please publish the address of the postmaster general so I can personally put it back in the post with his address on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.