In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Similarly, the contemporary detective novels of interest to us here are postmodern without being postmodernist.
- They build on and support changes that have been developing in critical theory during the postmodern era.
- The postmodern and postmodernism can be linked.
- Bess has little patience with postmodern, deconstructionist architects and thinkers.
- This helps explain why art history leapfrogged over New Criticism to postmodern doubt.
- He launches a vicious attack in several parts of this book on postmodern literary criticism and feminist theory.
- More specifically, it is closer to the postmodern procedural model of deconstruction.
- Reader-directed irony, that by now classical stylistic device of postmodern literature, pervades the ancient play.
- Fiction writers were influenced by the postmodern fabulism and metafiction of North and South America.
- This voice has been facilitated recently by postmodern movement in literary theory and practice.
- However, his insights demand a stronger rootedness in postmodern theories of identity and self-reflexive fiction.
- Perhaps we have simply transvalued impersonality as elusiveness, irony and parodic cultural quotation, qualities especially attractive in the wake of postmodern theory.
- All this postmodern self-referential ironic navel-gazing is getting a bit bizarre.
- I listened recently to a cultural studies academic complain that postmodern theory is not taught to first-year creative writing students.
- Can it be said that a reconstituted version of ‘landscape’ represents a postmodern artistic genre?
- He responds to mass media images and topical subjects without the irony that characterizes much postmodern mainstream art.
- Self-referential and postmodern, or just weird?
- The result has been a number of works of art in the distinctively postmodern genre of historiographical metafiction.
- This is not, we hasten to say, because the film is deliberately cold and self-referential in a postmodern fashion.
- I, in other words, explain how the holistic and ecological world view can meet postmodern feminist critical theory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.