In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I do think we have to tackle the issue of relativism, of subjectivity, of all the modern isms including postmodernism.
- Indeed, this leads me to a major criticism of Foucault's postmodernism when applied to the media.
- The works of these authors inhabit the domains of neo-realism, modernism, postmodernism and magical realism.
- A certain part of postmodernism has involved an attempt to get outside of history.
- Modernism and postmodernism have made us more aware of the complexities of the art form.
- One way to get out of the ‘postmodernism’ hole is to think about postmodernity rather than postmodernism.
- But this is based on the mistaken idea that modernism and postmodernism are sequential stages in history.
- Because we are the heirs of modernism and postmodernism.
- Its broader presuppositions relate to those of art in the era of postmodernism.
- There has been an increasingly unproductive debate on the difference between modernism and postmodernism.
- In this she sees these artists as contributing to what was to become postmodernism.
- These ideas were our mental tools as we romped in the forest of first-growth postmodernism.
- In the work of some virtual artists many characteristics of either modernism or postmodernism can be found.
- It's starting to look dated now, a product of the first wave of 1980s postmodernism.
- I only make the kind of work I make because of the discourse of postmodernism and the time that I'm working in.
- In its extreme forms, postmodernism represents a celebration of choice and the triumph of style.
- The argument that the black novel anticipates postmodernism can also take a formalist turn.
- Thus has postmodernism helped close the gap between high art and low art.
- Munck attacks the critics of postmodernism by calling them sociological reductionists.
- It is an excellent academic study of cultural criticism, especially postmodernism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.