- Women who do not wish to become pregnant should use an additional contraceptive method during the entire post-partum period but especially if bottle-feeding is increased.
- They will then be asked to persuade their colleagues to change their practices to prevent post-partum hemorrhage, and to encourage them to forego unnecessary obstetric procedures.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are well known to elevate blood pressure outside of pregnancy or outside of the post-partum period.
- It's called post-partum psychosis, but in actual effect, there's no difference in the schizophrenia spectrum.
- A new study in The Annals of Internal Medicine warns pregnant and post-partum women of an increased risk of blood clots.
- All this should ring alarm bells - a post-partum mother with a temperature indicates an infection.
- Women during and after pregnancy can benefit from treatment, not only to help with any postural strains, but also to prepare for childbirth and assist post-partum recovery.