In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Furthermore, the model postulates that individuals vary in their propensity for both excitation and inhibition.
- The authors postulated that this decrease is likely to be multifactorial.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
- As a result, researchers now postulate that serotonin may have a role in regulating prolactin secretion.
- The radical scavenging mechanism postulated above could, therefore, be another mechanism of action.
- Conserved residues within the compact protein cores have been postulated to be critical for protein folding.
- My reason for writing this is not to postulate a gloom-and-doom scenario but to suggest that we be prepared to react to an enemy game plan that may be different from our own.
- The authors postulated that the reasons might have had something to do with productivity.
- This effect was postulated to provide a basis for the toxicity of such compounds.
- A second theory postulates that when melatonin levels are depressed, female hormones are increased.
- She noted, moreover, that these laws sometimes provide good grounds for claims about the existence of the causal entities postulated by a theory.
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Weber, like Bergson, stopped just short of postulating the existence of the unconscious.
- Early Greek science postulated the existence of a primordial element as the foundation of the material universe.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- Attachment theory postulates that bonds with parents have an important bearing on future relationships.
- Thus, the theory postulates that inertial and gravitational masses are fundamentally the same thing.
- Some researchers postulate that reserves of liquid water still exist underground.
- We also postulated that there could be different protein isoforms that correlated with these temporal and spatial transcripts.
- Many philosophers treat the beliefs and desires postulated by folk psychology as brain states with symbolic contents.
2(assume)presuponerdar por supuesto
1Mathematics Philosophypostulado masculine
2(assumption)presupuesto masculinepremisa feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.