In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cultivada en una maceta) planta femininemata feminine Venezuela Colombia
- Next door have already introduced themselves and given us a pot plant.
- We walked in and I immediately knocked over a huge pot plant.
- When grown indoors as pot plants, miniature roses need a little special care.
- If you're looking for the exit, it's that way, just to the left of the pot plant.
- It's amazing what one can do with tinsel, a pot plant, shrub, or tree branches.
- Veltheimia is used as a pot plant which blooms during winter.
- Hemp is bred and grown entirely different than the pot plant, looks completely different in the fields, and contains practically none of the THC that gives marijuana smokers a high.
- I couldn't believe the amount of things she was given - not just cans of drink, or beer, and lots of food and candy bars but also, for example, a pot plant.
- We have drifted over near this giant pot plant thing, next to a fire exit.
- The plant has fragrant purple flowers and is sold as a pot plant at Christmas in the USA, when it flowers and fruits at the same time.
- It can be grown as a pot plant and is ideal for flower beds.
- Due to its many applications, including use as a pot plant and a cut flower, this one is by far the most cultivated species.
- Then we went out to a store and purchased a rug and a pot plant, and looked at a selection of beds.
- Gloxinias are perfect pot plants as both their foliage and colorful blossoms are exceptionally showy.
- Discretion is not their middle name and they give such a fiery display as to be considered suitably decorative for pot plant use.
- Tiny bathrooms are more problematic but there is usually room for at least one pot plant.
- In every government office there is a sullen secretary, a pot plant and a framed portrait of the leader.
- Tolerant of cold winds and frost, its height makes it an ideal pot plant in a mixed bed of carpeting heathers and ground-covering conifers.
- You can keep your lemon verbena as a pot plant and move it indoors before frost.
- Its natural habitat is the arid riverbanks of southern Africa, but you can grow it as a pot plant in colder regions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.