In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- How could you think of increasing your salary while most of your ordinary citizens have nothing to eat and no potable water to drink?
- Access to clean, potable water is widely considered to be a human right.
- So, it's the water-borne illnesses, the lack of access to clean, potable water.
- A clean-up would create a better road and probably safer water for campers, who get potable water from small creeks that run through the site.
- Such restrictions mean that potable water is not available for other uses, placing additional strain on the remaining sources.
- The projects will upgrade 15 systems, each including water wells, compact potable water treatment plants and pumps.
- Portable units with generators that can provide ice making, potable water, foods, and propane stoves for people to cook on.
- So we are just using normal potable water for drinking.
- The potable nature of available drinking water is affected as the sweet water aquifers are destroyed by quarrying.
- Seven memorandums have been submitted, pointing out the poor quality of potable water, the need for medical facilities and tests every week.
- A potful of potable water means every thing for them.
- Each water unit produces 15,000 liters of clean potable water a day.
- In fact, a serious shortage of potable fresh water is about to set back the city's continued development.
- Knowledge of cleanliness, sanitation, clean potable water, and basic amenities for primary health in every village is an admirable beginning.
- Before the advent of reliable potable water sources, beer was a way to ensure a safe drinking beverage while also supplying nutrients.
- Measures for medical help, food and potable water supply, transportation needed to be taken to prevent more hunger deaths in the gardens.
- Although it is no longer used for drinking, the basin did supply the town's potable water until the 1960s.
- Opened in May 1998, the lodge runs on solar power, has plenty of potable water, and serves exquisite local fare.
- He assured supply of potable water and electricity.
- Keep all food items and potable water well covered.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.