In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Among them are Chilean nitrate, rock phosphate, greensand, and sulfate of potash magnesia.
- Industrial development in Jordan has revolved and remained concentrated to its mineral sectors, especially phosphate and potash.
- Fertilizers containing high amounts of nitrate of soda, muriate of potash, potassium nitrate and ammonium nitrate can cause the highest accumulated salts.
- Avoid using fertilizer containing chlorine, such as muriate of potash.
- To boost your blood and bone application, add sulphate of potash at the rate of a teaspoon per double handful.
- Chemists long suspected that both potash and soda ash contained previously undiscovered elements, but they were unable to extract those elements from the native materials.
- Secondly, should I be using phosphate and potash with nitrogen?
- Phosphate and potash can be applied in the fall or spring.
- Make sure the potassium level is high and in the form of potassium sulphate, sometimes referred to as sulphate of potash.
- Phosphates, potash, and agricultural produce are the mainstay of the economy.
- The suitcase contained chlorate of potash and paraffin wax, which was mixed with gelignite to form an explosive compound.
- Fertilizers are made up of three main ingredients: nitrogen, phosphorous and potash (or also called potassium).
- Since potash is potassium chloride, applications to meet plant potassium needs could result in chloride leaching.
- About 95 percent of all potash used is muriate of potash.
- Glauber created a mixture of saltpeter, lime, phosphoric acid, nitrogen and potash which was the first completely mineral fertilizer.
- ‘Cover crops seem to keep the nitrogen and potash from leaching,’ Bennett said.
- They are easy to grow - simply make a trench in prepared soil, dust with dolomite, add some blood and bone or animal manure with a light sprinkle of sulphate of potash.
- Nutrients found in pulverized rock powders - calcium, phosphorous, and potash - are also important in organic gardening.
- In North America, it remains to be seen if growers will use less potash or phosphate because of the higher nitrogen prices.
- Sulfate of potash is also available commercially.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.