In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1potasio masculine(cyanide/chloride) (before noun) potásico
- In that case potassium rather than sodium is exchanged with calcium and magnesium.
- In a chemical sense, soap is a salt made up of a carboxylic acid and an alkali like sodium of potassium.
- The second most abundant ion was potassium, followed by sodium, magnesium, manganese and iron.
- Patients no longer needed extra sodium and restricted potassium.
- He should incorporate a salad, as the magnesium and potassium will help counteract the sodium.
- Nitrate crusts of potassium and calcium nitrate are most often found in caves and rock shelters in limestone areas.
- This does not happen, however, because the cell membrane itself is impermeable to ions like sodium and potassium.
- He says a complete plant food with plenty of trace elements especially potassium and nitrogen and water it well in.
- These will include blood samples to find out levels of sodium, chloride, potassium and urea.
- Calcium and potassium are two of the top nutrients of concern in Americans' diets.
- At the same time we consume about a third less potassium, so that the ratio of potassium to sodium has shifted quite dramatically.
- He worked on light metal alloys and the electrolytic production of potassium and sodium.
- Diuretics reduce fluid retention in the body by encouraging the removal of salts such as potassium and sodium from the blood.
- For example, lithium, sodium, and potassium comprised a triad of soft, highly reactive metals.
- It is high in vitamins A and E, calcium and potassium, and low in calories.
- Sodium, potassium and blood sugar levels were estimated using standard methods.
- The plants are sustained by water, enriched with calcium, potassium, nitrogen and other fertilisers.
- It also involves the loss of important blood salts like potassium and sodium.
- If you tend to be susceptible to cramps, try eating more foods that are high in potassium and calcium.
- Its high potassium, phosphorus and calcium help maintain high energy levels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.