In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alternatively, devising agents to slow the breakdown of natural cannabinoids might potentiate their analgesic effects.
- Glycyrrhizin may potentiate the effects of corticosteroids, antihypertensive agents, diuretics, and hormones.
- Ginseng can interact with antihypertensives, and Siberian ‘ginseng’ can potentiate the effects of digoxin.
- One drug does not therefore potentiate the adverse effects of another.
- It appears that both the antiplatelet aggregation activity as well as the analgesic action of aspirin 22 potentiates the effect of pentoxifylline.
- Because it appears to potentiate gamma-aminobutyric acid inhibitory neurotransmitters, it may potentiate anesthesia's sedative effects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.