In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(birds)aves de corralbefore noun poultry farm — granja avícola feminine
- poultry farmer — criadora de aves de corral
- poultry farming — cría de aves de corral
- If poultry are secured and lambing is done indoors, that would remove a food source for the foxes.
- It would then be the duty of every owner and every person in charge of poultry in that area to comply with that notice.
- The poultry industry is backing the importance of good hygiene in the kitchen.
- The authorities are also conducting tests on dead domestic poultry found in another area of the capital.
- There's lots of fish and seafood to be had, as well as a selection of poultry and red meat.
- These included not only the normal range of meat joints and poultry, but also whole cattle and sheep.
- Diseased and other poultry on the Infected Premises will be slaughtered quickly.
- Half of that number are cow dairies and the other half raise beef cattle, poultry, goats, and sheep.
- There are many pure breeds of poultry in the UK, some of which are quite rare.
- If horses and poultry live on these holdings, they can also be included in the collection scheme.
- The scheme now being introduced is a comprehensive one covering all farm animals and poultry.
- I love the fact that I can feed my family on our own home-grown pork, beef, lamb and poultry.
- Frozen turkeys or other poultry must always be thawed fully before cooking.
- More than one million poultry have been culled since the start of the year in a bid to stem the spread of the disease.
- Specific arrangements may need to be put in place for poultry, horses, fish and exotic livestock.
- If a farmer wants to take a basket of poultry or a goat or two to the market, the bus company will be kind enough to help.
- She milked the cows, reared poultry, made the butter and undertook a host of other chores.
- Shanghai is the main consumer of livestock and poultry in the Yangtze River Delta.
- Among the competitors were classes of cattle, sheep and poultry judged by the region's animal experts.
- He added that there was also evidence that playing certain music reduced stress within poultry as well.
2feminine carne de aveavesfeminine volatería
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.