In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(weight)peso en libras masculine
- Several of the contingent are carrying excess poundage following the Christmas festivities which included a four-week gap from competition.
- Forage fish (bluegill and redear sunfish) should furnish more than 75 percent of the poundage of fish taken from your pond.
- They strike the bait with such power when they leap into the air that a strong line is an absolute must since a billfish of that caliber and poundage can make a line with an 80 pound breaking sprain seem like thread under all that pressure.
- When your muscles tire, drop the poundage and squeeze out another 6-8 reps.
- With two of the Majors being played in sweltering heat each summer his excess poundage indicts him every time.
- The shock comes when examining the dizzying lifts and the resultant poundage totals the duo has achieved.
- Any excess poundage can be got rid of on special festival walks and at the local sports day!
- How do you make your holiday that special treat without putting on the extra poundage?
- Here's the simple truth: I have that hard look not because I possess encyclopedic knowledge of diet foods, and not because I've figured out the perfect number of exercises, sets, reps and poundages.
- It appears that you're overly focused on the poundage you're moving.
- Go to try and undo the damage before my body gets too accustomed to the excess poundage in all the wrong places.
- ‘Today, the same poundage caught by sportfishermen represents a very high percentage of the total,’ he points out.
- The Husband is certain I will have to pay extra for the poundage.
- They relied on contractile force to move medium-heavy poundage.
- List all exercises performed, including the total number of sets and repetitions for each and poundages per lift.
- Essentially, you suffer a decrease in strength, your training poundages drop and your muscles get less stimulation, which leads to muscle loss.
- After five minutes of stepping, go directly to the bench and perform one set of flat bench press for ten reps; use an appropriate poundage on the barbell.
- Remember, these bodybuilding greats took a long time to build up to those weights, but they kept adding poundage.
- All the diets seemed safe and all produced weight loss, although there were no huge drops in poundage.
- Lifting the correct poundage will reflect maturity in your training.
2(charge)impuesto, tasa etc que se cobra por cada libra de peso
- He also attacked business rates which he said were also a ‘stumbling block to positioning Scotland as a truly good place to do business’ as the rate poundage was significantly higher than in England.
- He sifts through his papers again to repeat the agreement on business rates which commits the Executive to the current freeze on the rate poundage and increases over the next two years limited to no more than inflation.
- The rate poundage is likely to be cut, giving an impression that business is getting something back.
- But the business community still argues that firms are penalised in Scotland because business rate poundage is 4p higher than in England.
- The government should also restore a uniform business rate poundage across the UK and sort out profligate local councils - we have some of the highest council taxes in the land in Glasgow and Edinburgh but probably the worst services.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.