In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plato a base de papas fritas, salsa de carne, y trozos de queso fresco similar a la cuajada
- Along with fries and pizza, poutine is a very common dish sold and eaten in high school cafeterias in various parts of Canada.
- And, of course, the famous dish around here, poutine is being eaten here.
- Other favorites include French onion soup, pea soup, and poutine, a traditional dish made with French fries or grated potatoes.
- Everybody is talking politics over their poutine.
- My friend and I began our recent dinner with an order of poutine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.