In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1como polvopulverulento formal
- If it is a powdery, granular material, it will be removed with the vacuum.
- One of the characteristics of seborrheic dermatitis is dandruff, characterized by a fine, powdery white scale on the scalp.
- It was great snow, the fine powdery kind that glitters in the sunlight.
- Huge gusting winds, roaring up off the cliff face of the Boomerang Range, blasted billows of fine powdery snow high into the air like a tormented geyser.
- In 1947 snow of a dry powdery consistency commenced to fall in the first week of February and continued intermittently for several days.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.