In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1almuerzo de gente poderosa masculinecomida de gente poderosa feminine Mexico Spain
- Somebody just ponied up $620,000 for the ultimate power lunch.
- Every lunch here could be a power lunch.
- Who waited on the table at their power lunch?
- "If you can have power breakfasts and power lunches, why not power naps?"
- I am here to study the art of the power lunch.
- The convening of the ultimate power lunch has been much trumpeted by the American media.
- Deals are struck at power lunches and cocktail receptions.
- The same goes for other purchases related to your job, such as that power lunch.
- The power lunch is still very much alive in New York, says Variety.
- Pick something you can wear for work, or for a power lunch.
- More likely, it was because they were too busy braying, incessantly and self-importantly, into their cell phones, arranging power lunches and stock transactions
- That's the starting bid on eBay for a power lunch with billionaire investor Warren Buffett.
- They paid for Tim's taxis, Tim's wardrobe, Tim's power lunches.
- Terrazzo floors, plush booths and banquette seating add more subtle touches and the booths are perfect for intimate evenings and power lunches.
- Mergers and acquisitions are about as fashionable as shoulder pads and power lunches.
- And at the White House today, another power lunch.
- In this way they can have a power lunch and keep in touch with the office at the same time, without disturbing other customers.
- She starts with site visits or power lunches and tours of the school and moves to internships and hopefully to sponsorship.
- In Los Angeles, people have power lunches.
- Ciprianis is still the big place for power lunches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.