In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine transformadorfeminine pila
- The phone was connected to a power pack the size of a car battery (like something you might expect to see being used to relay military commands to mud filled trenches during the First World War).
- It is precisely their considerably lower power consumption that ensures that power packs will no longer be needed.
- It is portable, user-friendly and operates on a battery-connected power pack.
- There was a small beep as the unit activated from its small, but efficient power pack.
- You could add a second transformer, splitting the load between 2 power packs, or purchase a power pack with a wattage rating high enough to handle the entire load.
- The power pack, consisting of the engine and transmission system, is configured for ease of maintenance and are quickly and easily replaced in the field.
- The battery is charged wirelessly via induction from an external power pack and provides 30 minutes of operation if the charger is removed.
- Usually with units this size, you're forced to ship it to the factory to install a new and pricier power pack.
- The phaser's power pack is long since depleted, and the motor is discarded.
- Get a few spare batteries or a power pack and you will not regret it.
- Add lights as desired keeping total bulb wattage at or below the power pack's (transformer's) maximum output rating.
- A metallic scratching grabbed my attention, complete with robotic whirrs and a sound I knew to be a power pack charging up for use.
- Top on the list of gadgets is the hydraulic power pack.
- As the batteries run low, patients simply strap on a power pack that recharges the batteries via radio waves beamed through their skin.
- To keep your weapons supplied with power you must collect power packs, which usually appear when an enemy has been vanquished.
- If you are using a pond kit that operates on a 12-volt power supply, you can locate your pond up to 50 feet away from the system's outdoor power pack.
- Time and money would be better spent helping battery makers produce power packs capable of powering a notebook for a week or so on a single charge.
- Mitochondria are known as the power pack of cells, energizing them like batteries do flashlight bulbs.
- The revolutionary concept of placing the power pack in front was maintained.
- The external power pack is also small enough to be worn or carried, which affords patients reasonably normal mobility.
- This woman had a friend hook up a power pack from an electric fence to the windshield wiper.
- The only light comes from my lap-top, generated by my personal power pack.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.