In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Particulate matter, or soot, is produced by coal-fired power plants and diesel engines.
- Engineers said the power plant could be back online as early as today.
- But the path of electricity from a power plant to your wall socket is a rather, well, circuitous one.
- Heavy smoke from a burning power plant poured over the city of 500,000, and other buildings were also on fire.
- Players explore cobblestone streets, power plants and burning buildings as they hunt the malevolent beings.
- In this article, we will examine how a nuclear reactor and a power plant work.
- The smaller size may lead to a more economical fusion power plant.
- It might be a pasteurisation system or hydro plant or a nuclear power plant or refinery or something.
- To put a ribbon on this giveaway, some officials even want to provide taxpayer subsidies for building new power plants.
- He works at the local nuclear power plant as a safety engineer while she stays at home and raises the kids.
- It is a peat burning station and we had no objection to the power plant because of the peat burning history in the area.
- Plans are to bring gas to the village's schools, electric power plant and government buildings later.
- To start with, the electric power plant may burn out because of just about anything.
- On Dec.6, hundreds of protestors staged a rally at a wind power plant in the city over land compensation disputes.
- The move was meant to lower prices and encourage the building of more power plants.
- Energy efficiency reduces pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, primarily at the power plant.
- We keep him in a building that was originally designed as a nuclear power plant.
- So he went on silently, learning to be an engineer for an atomic power plant.
- In the wake of recent comments in support of the co-generation power plant, I feel compelled to put the record straight.
- The 1,875 megawatt plant is the largest privately owned combined-cycle gas turbine heat and power plant in the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.