In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in ice hockey)circunstancia de estar en superioridad numérica
2(maneuver)estrategia femininemanejos masculinemaniobras feminine
- I had a relationship after my marriage that really explored power play, and it was the most passionate, powerful, liberating thing I have ever experienced in my life.
- That power play drew a record 8,000 written responses from the public, only 10 of which supported it.
- But her remarkable life, carefully handled, could provide a revealing taste of 14 th-century power play, spiced with a heady dose of intrigue, romance and brutal political violence.
- The 70s power play between political parties and the State institutions again defined the debate and ‘ideology’ related decisions.
- The power play began before Christmas with the setting of the agenda for the convention when a series of 50 questions were devised by the Belgian presidency and finessed by the member countries ambassadors.
- So it is that the drugs issue is secondary to the political power play.
- Trapped in the middle of this power play is Bangalore.
- But ordinary people rejected his power play, reclaiming their nation's path through the ballot box.
- All through life, food and eating can become entangled and misused in all sorts of emotional problems and power play, such as bulimia, anorexia, obesity, hunger strikes, etc.
- I suspect political power play is involved in that decision.
- It's power play, not because he actually feels powerful, but because he wants to feel that way.
- Her features became blank in the aristocratic air she had perfected over the years of political power play.
- For all the intricacies of the spat, it smacks of political one-upmanship, petty power play and a healthy dose of ego juice.
- My feeling when it comes to any kind of sexual representation that deals with power play is that we have a tendency to cast ourselves in certain roles, for good or bad.
- The anti-retrenchment strikes have more to do with political power play than anything else.
- He is clearly interested in exploring sexual relations as an arena of power play.
- On many levels, it was a sleazy political power play.
- He points out that it's almost impossible to take clothing off without there being an aspect of power play.
- The power play of calling or not calling just doesn't exist.
- I'd love to know what bureaucratic power play brought that about.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.