In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fold the egg whites, whipped cream and praline into the yolk/sugar mixture.
- Some people accidentally dropped their praline square into the melted chocolate, and tempting as it may be, it is not okay to fish for it with your hand.
- Desserts were more down to earth and we had some excellent apple and pear tarte tatin with spiced ice cream and dark chocolate and praline silk cake.
- Dessert was a further rollcall of tradition and included lemon tart, apple crumble, apple tart, banoffi pie, praline cake and creme caramel.
- Hazelnut praline snowball cookie combines hazelnut praline in the dough that has a lot of ground hazelnuts.
- Other desserts include French apple tarts, New York cheesecake, and praline imperial.
- Next to it on the plate lay a small slice of tarte, reminiscent of American pecan pie, sweet and sticky with a pleasant hint of praline bitterness.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- Hazelnuts, both in the dough and praline, can be substituted with other nuts such as almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- For dessert, we again shared a vanilla cheesecake, with praline and raspberry coulis, which had the best biscuit base I've tasted in a long time, and a topping which was as light as air.
- The only really good part of the dish was a little bed of toasted nut praline underneath the ice cream.
- Well, we have this chocolate and caramel cake, we have this chocolate and praline cake, we have this chocolate and green tea cake, and we have this chocolate and chocolate cake.
- If you have to choose one entry in the ‘chocolat’ category, try the praline cake, which has a smooth, shiny top, like wet marble.
- That tart hasn't happened yet, but some of the pralines were put to good use in this pink praline chocolate cake, which I baked for my sister's birthday party a few days ago.
- Hazelnuts, the main ingredient for praline, was a natural with caramel cake.
- To top it off I chose a frozen hazelnut praline ice cream bombe with a caramelised sugar crust.
- When you hear people talk about crawfish étouffé, bourbon-cured salmon, red rice, sweet potato crème brûlée or praline bread pudding, the mind automatically goes to either the Low Country or New Orleans.
- The filling was a melange of apricot cream and caramelized nut praline.
- Spread the praline mixture on the oiled aluminum foil, and let stand until completely cool.
- I was so enthusiastic, in fact, that upon leaving I decided to buy my own jars of praline spread and raspberry preserves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.