In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As a responsible surgeon, you provide your patients with postoperative instructions at their pre-op appointment.
- They handed me my standard issue hospital togs, bringing memories of wisdom teeth and tonsils flooding back, and wheeled me to a pre-op holding bay.
- During my pre-op appointment yesterday, he mentioned that he doesn't think the surgery will really help with my chief complaint.
- They waited, clutching their pre-op paperwork and the hands of their relatives, looking nervous or bewildered, lost inside themselves.
- A nurse's aid came to walk me down to the pre-op area.
- I watched him move around the pre-op room, a handsome man in his scrubs, tall and strong, unlike poor me, lying there like a lamb to the slaughter.
- So quite often pre-op physiotherapy is required and this may be several months of intensive physiotherapy.
- Whenever I schedule a patient for a procedure, the anesthesiologists order a bunch of pre-op labs, and I am copied on the results.
- He had his pre-op medication and they had given him morphine.
- She was laying on a gurney, of course, in the pre-op room.
- At 6: 30 AM, I will be moved from my room to the pre-op prep room.
- I have been waiting, only a short time, for an operation on my leg and on Monday I received a letter from the hospital inviting me for my pre-op consultation on Wednesday and the operation next Wednesday.
- When the surgeon finally came for his pre-op visit, Dad asked only one question: ‘Will my personality change?’
- When they came to give me the pre-op needle for the anaesthetic I just screamed.
- Afterwards, I took him for a pub lunch, where he confided that on the pre-op trolley, the surgeon warned him she might have to remove a testicle.
- Of course it would be common courtesy for a transexual to make it known they are a pre-op transexual.
- A few hours later, my mother was whisked away to a pre-op room.
- When he goes in for the pre-op checkup, they can just skip over the part where they listen to his heart…
1tranquilizante preoperatorio masculine
- And as you can see, the pre-ops are on the left and the post-ops are on the right.
- When maintainers do pre-ops from memory, I become edgy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.