In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(one who preaches)predicador masculinepredicadora feminine
- But pastors and preachers have particularly strong reasons to give themselves to prayer.
- At the meeting, they see preachers preaching about sin to a big crowd of people.
- Pray regularly from the pulpit for God to raise up preachers and missionary church planters.
- He was also one of the most popular preachers of his time.
- Preaching isn't the only thing preachers and churches are called to do, but it is the main thing.
- The church is the seedbed of gospel preachers, and we must value and nurture what God plants among us.
- We need first and foremost gospel preachers to help form gospel churches.
- Because it is filled with stories tied to Scripture, preachers will find it a rich resource.
- Its proponents were often like visionaries, preachers of this new religion of nature.
- Strictly speaking, missionaries are preachers of the gospel, dedicated and direct.
- Little wonder that ordinary preachers find this a perplexing issue.
- So there was the crowd of preachers who knew one another, and met and prayed with one another.
- A new generation of fervent Sikh preachers is being educated in this seminary near Amritsar.
- There have been preachers and religious leaders with that kind of natural charisma.
- Neither preachers nor church members should be ashamed of God's sovereign purpose.
- Throughout the history of the Church it has been seen in many preachers of the Gospel.
- Of course I still would find time to visit my fellow preachers and evangelists around the state of Texas.
- This, then, is the first reason why pastors and preachers are to give themselves to this ministry.
- The church needs preachers who have unhurried communion with God, who radiate something of the glory of God.
- It provides a tremendous chance to benefit from the ministry of other preachers.
2US(minister)pastor masculinepastora feminine
3(advocate of sth)preconizador masculinepreconizadora femininedefensor masculinedefensora feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.