In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is clear that the provisions of the preamble and of Article 1 of the charter which are claimed to be in conflict with the alien land law are not self-executing.
- The constituent document of the Organization of American States refers to the fundamental rights of man in its preamble and various Articles thereafter.
- The relevant text of the preamble to Chapter 6 and of paragraph 6.2 should therefore be amended to read as follows.
- The Borrower undertakes with the Lender to use each Advance for the purposes stated in the preamble to this Agreement.
- The peculiarities of the motor vehicle market are noted in the preamble to the Regulation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.