In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This can make them less suitable for some precast and concrete paving applications, especially where mixing times tend to be very short.
- There are precast paving stones in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors that are perfect for borders.
- Formal precast fountains of all shapes, sizes and themes may be self-contained or installed in the center of a pond or pool.
- Using concrete minimizes construction waste: whether cast-in-place or precast, concrete is used on an as-needed basis.
- If the stone or precast concrete element is a single piece that functions as a lintel to support the masonry above, the flashing should be installed over the lintel.
- It will be possible in the near future to precast long deck and girder systems using reactive powder concrete that will make very rapid bridge construction possible.
- Various types of high-performance precast and cast-in-place concrete were specified to meet the accelerated construction schedule.
- Although the material can be mixed in standard industrial concrete mixers, most applications to date have been precast concrete.
- The hard part about installing precast concrete countertops is lifting them into position.
- The structural system includes horizontal precast concrete units that act as transfer beams carrying the load onto rectangular stone piers.
- The well is precast in the proper height, width, and length, and the entire stairwell is cast into it as well.
- Construction is of finely finished precast concrete panels, with the recessed top storeys having steel structure and cedar cladding.
- Low-cost precast concrete tiles are set in sand over a standard membrane roof to create exterior decks.
- Here one faces the glass and precast concrete front of the museum.
- Key to the effort was the fast production of specialized machines that fabricated precast concrete girders and fitted their edges with milled steel flanges.
- Also repeated were precast concrete sunshields above the windows that were sized to fit into the surrounding brick dimensions.
- The compressive form-active dome is a composite of in situ and precast reinforced concrete.
- Precision grout fills voids in blocks and is used as a bedding material underneath precast panels, beams, and columns.
- The deck is being constructed with curving precast segmental elements, cast onsite, that add to the attractiveness of the project.
- In 1979, a certain young concrete engineer was responsible for an onsite precast operation that was producing segmental bridge units.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.