In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine depredadormasculine predadorave de presaave de rapiña
- Bluntnose minnows serve an important role as prey for larger animals and as a predator on insect larvae.
- Foxes as predators prey on lambs and chickens and kill native small marsupials and rodents.
- They are also preyed upon by mammalian predators such as cats, and by snakes such as boas and anacondas.
- If a pack of carnivorous mammals were to chase a lone prey animal into the tar pits, both predators and prey would become trapped.
- The two early mammal species were probably predators, not scavengers, say the scientists.
- In my mind, if what I have read and what I have heard on air, as you've pointed out, is correct, he is simply a sexual predator.
- I also used domestic chicks with prior experience of both prey types as predators.
- This is thought to be an adaptation to deter mammalian and reptilian predators.
- This may have made it the most easily accessible prey for predators in the nekton, such as fishes.
- So what should be done about keeping sexual predators from striking again?
- Because of their offensive odor, skunks are rarely preyed on by mammalian predators.
- Mammalian predators such as raccoons readily prey on frogs with seemingly no ill effects.
- The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.
- These portray a male or female figure with prey animals or predators.
- Psychologists have built up a detailed picture of how sexual predators operate on their child victims.
- American paddlefish are predators of zooplankton and prey to other fishes, birds, and humans.
- Common predators of house sparrows include cats and other mammalian predators, birds of prey, and owls.
- This shielding along with the cryptic coloration of the predator prevents the prey from becoming alarmed.
- Superb predators, these animals surpass all other lizards in intelligence.
- The fact is, we don't have good evidence yet what the dinosaur predator / prey ratios were like.
- Pauses may allow animals to increase detection both of predators and prey.
- We all have children and want them to be safe from these sexual predators.
- It's the reality that I had to face 20 years ago that there were sexual predators and child molesters out there.
- North American river otters are important predators of fish and aquatic invertebrates.
- If only they were cleverer sexual predators, they might have easily got away with it!
- He said young people needed to be protected from sexual predators.
- On the mainland they fall prey to both mammalian and avian predators.
- Women in those situations are particularly vulnerable to a predator and a manipulator like Ben.
- Without such help, sexual predators are doomed to repeat their crimes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.