In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USinformalbebé prematuro masculine
- He saved lives of both the mother and the preemie.
- The Baby Room is a large room filled with 30 cribs, housing infants as small as 3-pound preemies and toddlers up to 24 months.
- NIN is an organization that caters to preemies and newborns who are in need of specialty hospital clothing, and non-specialty clothing, blankets etc. which are used for some infants first trip home from the hospital.
- She plays the mother of a preemie who spent the first three months of his life in hospital, his life hanging in the balance.
- He is home now and his mother says that he is gaining weight and doesn't have that preemie look anymore.
- A preemie's risk of cerebral palsy is much higher than that of a full-term baby.
- They acknowledged the life-saving potential of medical devices to support preemies and other ill newborns through life-and-death situations.
- The infection destroys the intestine or a part of the bowel and kills a quarter of preemies born with it.
- They're taking special care of her because she is a preemie,’ my mom tried to explain.
- He said ideally this special formula, which is critical to bring preemies ' health and immune system to a normal level, should be mixed on a daily basis, but because of the lack of facilities the pharmacists mix enough to last for 48 hours.
- Nearly 40 percent of neonatal intensive care units across the United States now give massage therapy to preemies, which can provide a savings of $10,000 in hospital costs per infant.
- Because preemies don't spend as much time in the uterus getting nutrients from the mother's diet, their iron stores are not as great and are often depleted in just 2 months.
- Another very common problem affecting preemies is immature lungs.
- He was a preemie, but he's quadrupled his bodyweight in six months.
- It is not at all clear that putting each preemie in their own room would improve their mortality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.