1formal(add at start)to prefix sth to sth — anteponer algo a algo
- to prefix sth with sth — encabezar algo con algo
- Lord Shiva then gave his command that Sudheet's name would be prefixed to his name.
- A short autobiography is prefixed to the 1827 edition of Juvenal.
- Occasionally the word ‘gun’ is prefixed to remove any doubt as to what powder is meant.
- Abdul is prefixed to one of the 99 names of God in the Quran which identify His various attributes, which gives us Abdul Rahim, Abdul Rahman, Abdul Karim, Abdul Latif, Abdul Qadir, and so on.
- Similar advertisements are prefixed to plays by David Garrick, Isaac Bickerstaffe, Hannah More, Elizabeth Griffith, Elizabeth Inchbald, Frederick Reynolds, and many others.
2Linguisticsadjuntar (un prefijo)